4 Easy Steps To A Single Payer System
What will it take to get the people of the U.S.A. a single payer medical insurance plan that covers everyone for every medical situation, pre-existing or not?
It’s a very simple solution composed of a few very simple answers, yet one that will take some major work.
1. Put an immediate end to lobbyists. No more campaign donations*, trips, vacation homes, lap dances, meals, drinks, limo rides, or what has been going on in the national and local level of politics. This also means no private visits to an elected officials home, office, hotel room, or anyone getting anything for seeing our decision makers that isn’t open and transparent.
2. The creation of a government run by people that were elected by people, not corporations or vested interests. No campaign donations over $100.00 will be allowed* from an individual or from a company. When you run for an office the government pays for your normal election expenses, and if you win you’re in office.
3. Term limits. For the president, 6 years and then they’re out and back to making a living somewhere else doing actual work, with no possible return to a public office* or influence peddling (see #1 above) permitted. Similar limits to be defined later for Senators, Congress People, Governors, state and local officials as well.
4. Ethics. If you’re in violation (ex: Google Gale Norton and Shell Oil) of the trust of the American people* who put you in office, you’re banned from holding any public office ever again or aiding or abetting anyone who does. And jail time is not off the table for you or your co-conspirators.
When the above are in place and politicians actually serve the people, and aren’t occupied* with getting elected / re-elected, at that point we will have a fully insured population as do most of the non-third world countries on the planet.
* The present system is full of people who placed getting elected as their first priority, getting re-elected as their second priority, and then in their spare time, time allowing, they get around to dealing with the needs of their constituents.
And a note to those who choose to believe the Fox Echo Chamber lies as presented by the Wicked Bitch Witch of the North, Death Panels already exist and every single day make decisions on who will live and die, they’re usually known as INSURANCE COMPANIES.
N.B., The ownership of any and all photos, opinions, and/ or quotes above (including those of mine) belong to the material’s creator(s). Credit is given when it’s known, but because success usually has a million parents and failure is an orphan, blame will not be so attributed.
Feel free to ignore any ads that are shown below, I don’t choose them and (sadly) I don’t make a penny off any of them.
P.S., check back for occasional updates and rewrites….
FAIR USE NOTICE: THIS SITE CONTAINS COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL THE USE OF WHICH HAS NOT ALWAYS BEEN SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER. I AM MAKING SUCH MATERIAL AVAILABLE IN MY EFFORT TO ADVANCE UNDERSTANDING OF ENVIRONMENTAL, POLITICAL, HUMAN RIGHTS, ECONOMIC, DEMOCRACY, SCIENTIFIC, AND SOCIAL JUSTICE ISSUES, ETC. I BELIEVE THIS CONSTITUTES A ‘FAIR USE’ OF ANY SUCH COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL AS PROVIDED FOR IN SECTION 107 OF THE US COPYRIGHT LAW. IN ACCORDANCE WITH TITLE 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107, THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE IS DISTRIBUTED WITHOUT PROFIT TO THOSE WHO HAVE EXPRESSED A PRIOR INTEREST IN RECEIVING THE INCLUDED INFORMATION FOR RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO: HTTP://WWW.LAW.CORNELL.EDU/USCODE/17/107.SHTML. IF YOU WISH TO USE COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL FROM THIS SITE FOR PURPOSES OF YOUR OWN THAT GO BEYOND ‘FAIR USE’, YOU MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THE COPYRIGHT OWNER.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: 4 easy steps, 6 years and then you're out, a fully insured population, actually elected by people, aiding or abetting, death panels already exist, decision makers, decisions on who will live and die, end to the lobbyist system, every medical situation, gale norton and shell oil, getting elected is their first priority, getting re-elected as their second priority, government run by people, if you win you're in office, in violation of the trust, influence peddling, jail time is not off the table, no more campaign donations, no return to a public office, non-third world countries, not corporations or vested interests, of the American people, open and transparent, pre-existing or not, single payer medical insurance, single payer system, term limits, they're usually known as INSURANCE COMPANIES, wicked Bitch Witch of the north.